In 2008 the state of the art CQ Wellington Conference & Function Centre was built to an award-winning standard of architecture between the two hotels, creating a first class venue for Wellington meetings, conferences and events with the unique ability to provide accommodation options to meet all budgets.
The Cuba - Meeting Rooms
The Cuba Meeting Rooms provide a highly adaptable 266sqm venue that can hold up to 250 people cocktail style (220 theatre style) or be divided into 5 sound-proofed meeting rooms holding up to 40 people in each.
The Cuba meeting rooms are not your average hotel conference venue, they are stunning. Flooded with natural light, striking exposed brick work and a fusion of character and contemporary features inspired by the styles of the two hotels. Perfect for your meeting, event or conference in Wellington.
Drive in access - Car park access opening directly into the Cuba Rooms, makes unloading and set up a breeze and allows drive-in access for vehicles to be displayed.View Cuba Rooms with our Interactive Gallery
The Wellington Boardroom - Meeting Room
View the Boardroom with our Interactive Gallery
Private, spacious and stylish; the perfect off-site location for board meetings.
- 60" LCD TV Screen (charges apply)
- Stunning natural light combined with advanced temperature and lighting control.
- Seats up to 20
KEY BENEFITS OF OUR CONFERENCE, MEETING AND EVENT VENUE
- ONE STOP SHOP COMPLEX – Wellington conference and meetings venue plus accommodation all in one! The CQ Complex consists of a beautiful heritage building providing 3 Star accommodation (Comfort Hotel Wellington) adjoined by a new contemporary 4 Star Plus hotel (Quality Hotel Wellington) plus conference, meeting and event facilities holding up to 250 people.
- ACCOMMODATION – The 4 Star Plus Quality Hotel Wellington boats spacious rooms with their fresh, contemporary feel. There are 62 Suites all complete with kitchenettes plus 5 two bedroom Executive Apartments. The Comfort Hotel with 115 rooms is contained within the beautiful heritage building. This provides a 3 Star Plus cost effective option for your delegates.
- CBD LOCATION – CLOSE TO AIRPORT, RESTAURANTS NEARBY - The CQ complex has very easy access to the motorway - only 15min drive away from the airport. Located in the vibrant heart of Wellington – The Cuba Quarter. ‘The’ place to stay to enjoy the best the cultural Capital has to offer.
- CAR PARKING - Onsite car parking is available - This is subject to availability at $15.00 per vehicle per day or $30.00 overnight. Access via Dunlop Terrace.
The sales team would love the opportunity to meet with you personally and give you a tour of this hidden treasure of Wellington.
About the CQ Conference, Meeting & Events Centre Wellington
CQ Hotels Wellington consists of the beautiful and cost-effective Comfort Hotel (3 Star Plus) sitting side-by-side with the spacious and modern Quality Hotel (4 Star Plus). Meeting in the middle of the two properties is the state-of-the-art CQ Wellington Conference and Function Centre to hold your Wellington meeting or conference.
CQ Wellington Conference and Function Centre provides a highly adaptable space capable of holding up to 220 theatre style or be divided into five individual sound-proof rooms. The rooms are flooded with natural light, feature striking exposed brickwork and state-of-the-art AV technology. The perfect venue for your next meeting, conference or event in Wellington.
Our team of professional staff are focused on meeting your needs and will work with you to ensure a successful & stress-free conference, meeting or event.
Car park access opening directly into the Cuba Rooms makes unloading and set up a breeze and allows drive-in access for vehicles to be displayed in the space for your Wellington conference, meeting or event.
Whether it’s a meeting for 20 people in the stylish Wellington Boardroom, your AGM or an elegant cocktail function, CQ is the perfect meeting, conference, meeting and event venue to make a statement and create that wow-factor.
Located in the vibrant heart of Wellington – Cuba Street, where the city comes alive through colour, people, music and history. Experience the coolest location in the ‘coolest little capital in the world’.
Why Choose CQ:
- Purpose built in 2008
- Award winning Architectural design
- 266 sqm highly flexible space which can be divided into 5 separate meetings rooms or used as one meeting room
- State of the art on-site AV facilities
- Air conditioned and soundproofed
- Stylish lobby and meeting area
- Ample breakout meeting room options
- High-speed Wireless internet
- Full on-site catering service
- Drive in access from carpark
- Personalised service from experienced staff
- Perfect location
- Ample Carparking
- Board meetings
- Residential conferences
- Product and vehicle launches
- Cocktail functions
- Formal dinners
- Award ceremonies
- Theme parties